Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Alabama Hail Damage Reports and Confirmations

At this point I have only been able to partially confirm some of the Alabama hail reports so, as usual, I'm only going to give you the good stuff without the guessing but I do have a bonus guess for you that I'll throw in at the end after the sure stuff. Let's get started on this batch of hail reports and confirmations.

Anniston, Alabama Hail Reports (Partially Confirmed)

I don't have a direct confirmation of the Anniston, AL hail report but I do have confirmations from around it. First I found a picture of some hail stones form Weaver, Alabama which is a few miles north west of Anniston. The hail stones aren't very big but they look like they might be quarter to half dollar size. This next picture comes from Goldsprings, AL which is where the original Anniston, AL hail report came out of. These stones were easily half dollar to golf ball before they melted down.

********************** UPDATE *****************************

Fayetteville, Georgia Hail Damage Confirmation

Instead of making a new post, I just decided to update this on. This video shows some pretty conclusive confirmation of hail damage in Fayetteville, GA. Check it out.

*************************** END OF UPDATE ******************************

OK, those are the confirmations of the Alabama hail reports that I have been able to get so far. Now for your bonus. This is one of those things that is a little hard to explain unless you have been out there chasing those beautiful sleeper storms that didn't make the report.

Check out this video of baseball hail in Sharpsburg, Georgia.

Now check out this video of hail falling in Fayetteville, Georgia.

The Sharpsburg hail is huge and it's out in the country so it's not worth running on and the Fayetteville hail looks kind of small to me. So these are a waste of time to fool with, just skip 'em and move on right?

Pull out your map and look at exactly where these two towns are. Sitting almost directly between these two towns is Peachtree City, Georgia. Now that would be a town worth fooling with, right. I'm not making any kind of promises. I'm just saying, if you decide to load up the PDR tools and hit the road in search of some work, you might want to swing through that area. I've found sleeper storms on a whole lot less information that that.

That's it for now but I'll keep working it and wouldn't be surprised if I end up making another post tonight or in the morning. I will if I can confirm any more hail damage reports.

Labels: , ,


Comments:
I think your service is awsome. I am a roofer and I prefer to work small towns. I drove all the way up here to Fayetteville,Al and am now in Anniston/Oxford. I have seen marble size damage on soft aluminum patio covers but I havent seen one broken windshield. one broken window, sign or dents on cars

Keep up the great work

JA-RMG
 
@ JA-RMG - Thanks for the report. You might have a lttle more luck on the east or northeast side of Anniston. More towards Weaver.

Of course, if that doesn't work out you can always hop over to Newnan, GA and work your way east along hwy. 34 and 54. There's some really killed damage over in that area.

Thanks again for the update. Good luck!
 
Is there subdivisions or more
rural where the hail hit.
 
Is cowetta and sharpsburgh GA.
more rural or is there subdivisions.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?   Blogarama - The Blog Directory  Globe of Blogs