Monday, March 23, 2009

Omaha, Nebraska Hail Damage Report

Yes, I saw the report come across the wire for the hail damage in Omaha, Nebraska from golfball hail and, yes, I have been trying to verify it through the local media websites. Here is what I have been able to find out so far.

There may have been some golf ball hail in these storms but, judging by the viewer submitted pictures I've seen, the hail from both storms was mostly marble to quarter size with a few larger stones mixed in. I have seen a few pics of 1.5" to, maybe, 2" hail stones but I had to luck at a bunch of pictures of small stuff to find them and it seems like the larger hail was in the Millard, Nebraska area. Here are the biggest stones I found pics of, here, here and here. Of course, it's early yet and there may be a lot more information coming out in the morning but for right now, I wouldn't drive more than a few hours to run on this one.

That's what I've got for now. If there is more hail damage information to be had in the morning I'll be bringing it to you. For now, I'm going to bed.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?   Blogarama - The Blog Directory  Globe of Blogs