Monday, January 07, 2008

Springfield, MO / Aurora, Mo Hail Confirmed

I didn't think it would take long. Some fine folks in the Springfield, Missouri and Aurora, Missouri area have sent in photos of the hail that fell in their areas.

These images are courtesy of KOLR TV in Springfield, MO. Everybody say, thank you.

 

These first two pics are from the north side of Springfield.

 

 

These next three were sent in from Aurora.
 
 




 

From the location of the first two pics, it looks like the entire north side of Springfield is probably hit pretty good. If memory serves me correctly, this is where it got hit the year before last.

 

From what I saw on radar, I would not be surprised to find a lot of widespread damage all over the Springfield area and extending up the I- 44 corridor.

 

Good luck! If you see me on the road, buy me a cup of coffee :)


Comments:
Has anybody heard any estimates on residential damage from the Spfld, MO hailstorm. How widespread? How long hail lasted? Whole city? etc...
 
I haven't heard any specific numbers of claims but it looks like most of the damage is on the north side.
 
Early reports have it in the 15K range on residential claims.....North and west are the best damage....love these winter storms....
 
Thanks for the follow-up! Good luck and yes, winter storms make a nice start to the year :)
 
Has anymore info came out about the hail damage. To me the 15K sounds very low about 2 houses to be repaired or do they mean 15 K houses? Thanks, Larry In Dallas
 
@ Larry - I assumed they were talking about the number of claims. I don't know if that was homes only or vehicles and homes.

I've spoken to a couple of guys on the ground in the area and they tell me the damage is along the very north edge of Springfield and in the suburbs to the NE and SW.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?   Blogarama - The Blog Directory  Globe of Blogs