Thursday, January 31, 2008

Marissa, Illinois Hail Damage Report

We have a lot of new readers here this year. Welcome! I've been getting several emails about the same subject so I thought I would just write a post to answer this question instead of writing the same email over and over. The guys that have been hanging around for a long time know this but I wanted to restate it for you newer readers.

 

Guys, I may not be in the same industry as you but I watch the same reports you do. Yes, I saw the hail damage report out of Marrissa, IL. Yes, I have been checking all of my sources to try to verify the report. No, I have not been able to verify anything yet.

 

Look, I understand how it is this time of year. I'm just as ready to go to work as you are. I know everybody gets nervous this time of year, so do I. I just want to assure you that I'm not ignoring a report just because I don't post about it. I try to only report confirmations for the most part. If I have a confirmation of NO DAMAGE I will report those as well.

 

Here is what I know and think about the Marrissa, IL hail damage report. I do not know if there is damage there. I have, however, driven through there several years ago on a report and, from what I remember, it wasn't overly impressive. The whole area would have to be hit really good before I would even run it.

 

After watching reports and chasing hail for over a decade, I have learned to trust my gut. My gut instinct says the report was exaggerated. That is only a guess.

 

I appreciate every one of you guys and I don't have a problem with the emails. I just want everyone to know I'm here and watching just like you are. I'm also working on some updates and changes around here to improve the place.

 

Maybe we'll get something out of one of these storm systems today or tomorrow.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?   Blogarama - The Blog Directory  Globe of Blogs