Thursday, August 16, 2007

White Bear Lake, MN

I got a chance to check out the hail damage in White Bear Lake, MN and the surrounding area yesterday afternoon. The damage I found was less than expected considering the reports that came out right after the storm.

The damage in White Bear Lake seems to be fairly widespread but light with 3-7 quarter to golfball dents per panel at best. I did see a few units with heavier damage so there may have been a strong core to the hail storm or they could have been hit in a different storm. There have been so many storms in this area this year it's hard to tell.

The debris pattern on the ground suggests the residential areas of White Bear got hit but not very hard. The debris also suggests the communities on the east side of the lake got hit as well. (I don't have my map in front of me right now so I can't remember the name of that town.)

The damage was light enough at the dealerships in White Bear I will be surprised if they fix it any time soon and if they do it'll almost certainly be CHEAP.

I also did not notice any real activity at any of the body shops (Other than guys hanging banners.) or insurance companies to suggest people were very excited about the damage.

I'll post more as I find it. Stay up to date by subscribing to my feed.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?   Blogarama - The Blog Directory  Globe of Blogs