Friday, August 17, 2007

Indiana and New York Hail

The news media stories about the Clarksville and Jeffersonville, Indiana storm reports are all focusing on the wind damage angle. I did catch one blurb in an interview where a woman made the comment that the hail got bad enough she pulled her car into the garage. That was in Jeffersonville, Indiana.

In New York I found one article that mentions ping pong ball hail in Oriskany, NY. You can read the article here.

As far as the Minnesota hail goes, this is what I have observed on the ground:

White Bear Lake and Mahtomedi are as I described yesterday.

The damage path stretches across Blaine, Circle Pines, Lexington, Lino Lakes, Shoreview, North Oaks and Vadnais Heights. It's a nice large swath of damage but the vast majority of the damage I have seen is pretty minor.

I have visited with three body shops in the middle of the storm path that have not seen a car yet. I have visited with a couple others that have only had a little activity. There are a few retail shops set up and none of them have any activity. It's just not looking like there is very much excitement this go around. We'll know by Monday evening.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?   Blogarama - The Blog Directory  Globe of Blogs