Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Full Disclosure

I seem to have found a secret admirer. When I first read his or her comment I got mad and almost just deleted it but I decided to respond and let it stand.

First the quote:

"you have missed a bunch of storms. i think that you only report storms that are not worth working, or if you're not going there. this site is bogus. a message for all techs. if you want it, go get it. this guy is not your pal, he is your competitor."


My Response:

1. Everybody in this business is a competitor, period.

2. No, I generally do not post storms I'm working. Duh!

3. I know for a fact that guys are working on some of the stuff I have posted this year.

4. The point of this blog is not to find work for all of the techs out there as much as it is to save them the time of running on bad reports. I have never claimed to be the be all end all of hail reports.

5. If you know about so much work, then spill it. Leave that in a comment. Don't be mad at me because I can't point you toward anything right now.

6. If you know about so much work why are you here looking for work?

We have all seen your kind on the forums and out on the road. You don't impress anyone.

Comments:
Hey Bud.
Im a pdr tech from Cape Town South Africa.Ive been in the trade here for 12 years now.I enjoy reading your blog cause I think that youre doing the guys in the States a HUGE service.

If I were in your position I would also obviously protect my own interests first,but that doesnt mean that what you are doing here is not worthwhile.

Ignore the negative comments,carry on doing what youre doing.Some of us who dont even live there even find your info useful.

Barry van Heerden
Cape Town
South Aafrica.
 
Barry - Thanks for the support.

It has been a really bad year over here and frustrations are running a little high. I think he was just angry and lahing out.

He'll love me again when the hail starts falling next year! ;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?   Blogarama - The Blog Directory  Globe of Blogs